Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We Don't Want to Fight any more. But if we have to fight, it will be to take these steps"

Photograph from Up Against the Bulkhead, no. 8
I meant to post these yesterday, but I was sending out fund raising letters all day. Deciding to take a break, I thought I would post a couple of pages from the April 1971 issue of Counter-Attack, which was published out of Fort Carson, Vol. 3, no. 4 of the GI Press Service and issue 8 of Up Against the Bulkhead. If these pages tiun oyr to be small to read, I will repost the materials broken up into columns. The pages from Counter-Attack include the cover announcing upcoming events in April, and a page explaining the upcoming Dewey Canyon protests. The other materials are reports on the events in Washington. IOn the case of the GI Press Service, I have merged two pages together as the article, most of which was published on page 5 continued on page 9. The materials from Up Against the Bulkhead are the center spread. I will repost the photographs from this article as I have never seen them before.


Counter Attack (unnumbered issue - 1971)




GI Press Service, vol. 3, no. 4 (May 1971): 5, 9






Up Against the Bulkhead, no. 8 (May 1971), 7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment